Understanding the Various Types of
Auto Insurance Coverage
To best fight for your cause, we will review your auto insurance policy and your claim carefully. Car insurance policies can include the following types of property coverage:
Covering damage inflicted on another party’s property.
Covering damage to your car from an accident.
Covering losses due to flood, fire, or theft.
Applicable when you are hit by a hit-and-run driver or a driver with no car insurance or too little to pay for your extensive damage.
Even if you are covered by the proper type of insurance, your insurance provider may still try to minimize your payment, leaving you in the lurch. This is when it is essential to contact a sharp auto insurance dispute attorney to fight for your rights.
How Auto Insurance Companies Try to Weasel Out of Their Commitments
All too often, once your car has been damaged in an accident or declared a total loss either after a crash or as the result of theft, your insurance company will:
- Underpay for reasonably priced repairs recommended by the body shop
- Underpay for your stolen or totaled car
- Take far too long to make a decision about paying your claim, while you are left without the use of a vehicle
Our law team knows all the tricks insurance companies use to lower the amount they offer to pay for legitimate claims, including:
- Telling you that you are not entitled to compensation because you exaggerated the property damage and your losses were not as substantial as reported.
- Wrongfully assigning you fault for the accident as a means to avoid paying your claim and also to raise your premium.
- Looking back at your insurance application to find mistakes and other information that they will use to try to invalidate your claim.
It is important to remember that you have recourse when you are treated unfairly by your auto insurance company and that your insurance company does not have the final say in deciding whether your claim should be paid under the terms of the policy. The court does. That’s why having a strong auto insurance dispute attorney who has in-depth knowledge of the law and is fully familiar with judicial processes is critical.
What Perez Mayoral Will Do to Help
In any of the above situations, our auto insurance dispute lawyers will use their well-honed negotiation and litigation skills to fight to:
- Obtain full payment for necessary repairs
- Obtain the true value of your totaled or stolen car
- Secure prompt payment of your claim
- Get your insurance company to pay for rental car payments and other expenses resulting from their delay in processing your claim
Our lawyers are adept and persuasive during negotiations both in and out of the courtroom and will greatly increase your chances of a successful legal outcome.
Breach of Contract vs Bad Faith
There are two possible types of wrongdoing that your insurance company may be engaging in: breach of contract and bad faith.
Breach of contract occurs when one party fails to uphold a specific requirement of a contract, in this case your insurance policy. In other words: you have met the terms of your insurance contract by paying your premiums, but the company is failing to uphold its end of the bargain by denying your valid claim and you are suffering real financial loss as a result.
Bad faith means deliberately misleading through an act of intentional dishonesty. In most cases, our attorneys will be disputing a breach of contract, but we can pursue a case of bad faith if there is evidence of dishonesty, such as:
- Denying your claim without a stated reason
- Failing to conduct a prompt and complete investigation
- Making threatening statements
- Misrepresenting the law or the language of the policy itself
- Refusing reasonable requests for documentation
- Refusing to pay a valid claim
Our lawyers will determine which type of misconduct is in play in your particular case so that we can fight the injustice on appropriate legal grounds.
Contact Our Experienced Auto Insurance Dispute Attorneys Today
At Perez Mayoral, we know how distressing an auto accident can be and how upsetting it is, on top of the inconvenience of being without a car, to have your insurance company deny you the funds you are entitled to get yourself back on track. The sooner you get in touch with our accomplished legal team, the sooner you will feel the relief of being back in control. Contact us now so we can fight for your right to the funds you need and deserve.